For the purpose of the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation, the data controller is Morgan Goodwin Limited, located at:
Morgan Goodwin, LBP Offices, 6th Floor, 7 Buchanan Street, Glasgow, G1 3HL.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
1. Contact details that you provide by filling in forms on our sites of morgangoodwin.com, edgectp.com and edgedocs.com, including information provided when you:
• subscribe to one of our application services;
• use one of our applications for transactional purposes (e.g. certificates or invoices etc.);
• request a call back;
• respond to a campaign;
• enter a competition or promotion;
• submit a question to us or provide us with feedback.
2. Details of your visits to our site or event including but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other communication data and the resources that you accessed or requested further information on
3. Once you have signed up to our EdgeCTP product range, including EdgeCerts and beyond, we may collect information such as the individual name, company name, address, phone number and/or email address of contacts that you choose to add into the platform or via our “import contacts” functionality. The personal information about your contacts, is only used for the specific reason for which it is provided, i.e. to add new record(s) to your Edge account
4. Although your browser may offer a “do not track” or “DNT” option to inform our web site on your preference, we do not currently commit to respond to browsers’ DNT signals, because no common industry standard for DNT has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies or regulators, including no consistent standard of interpreting user intent. Nevertheless, we take your privacy and meaningful choice seriously, and will take appropriate action bases on developments around DNT browser technology and the implementation of a standard
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside your local jurisdiction. It may also be processed by staff operating outside your local jurisdiction who work for us. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing in this way.
Retention of Your Information
Your details provided in accordance with enquiry and sign-up requests are held only for the period required to fulfil your request and held in security without access by any third parties for a period of no more than 5 years in compliance with local governmental revenue authorities financial records requirements, after which all data is securely and permanently destroyed.
Any information provided to us is deemed strictly confidential and not passed or used outside the purpose you have explicitly requested.
Usage of Your Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our sites are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• To provide you with information about our products, services, offers or technical developments that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
• To contact you regarding your opinions on our products and services which may be used for marketing, research and analysis, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To provide products and services that may be of interest to you, we may also receive information about you from other sources, such as trade shows or events you have attended or registered for, including third parties from whom we have purchased data, and combine all this information with data we already have about you. This helps us to update, expand and analyse our records to create more tailored advertising for you;
• To synchronise your contacts information with your other applications, via API (Application Program Interfaces) or CSV (Comma Separated Value) data files, that you have explicitly pre-authorised to do so, such as: accounting package(s) or logistics providers (i.e. collection and delivery locations)
Device Data Interaction
Our Edge applications may obtain information from, or access data stored on, your devices to improve the experience you receive from the Edge mobile application. Examples of device data interaction by Edge applications may include: access the camera to enable you to upload photographs on products, contacts or electronic signatures for authorising documents etc.; access calendar information to enable you to match meeting attendees with contacts submitted into the Edge’s platform, or access the geographic location to enable you to identify contacts held within the Edge platform who are nearby.
Our Edge applications may provide us with information related to your device, such as the operating systems; browser type and version, which we use to provide and improve the diagnostics services that we provide to you.
British Chambers of Commerce
We are registered and authorised (lawfully) by the British Chambers of Commerce (BCC) to collect information from you for the purpose to allow you to complete Certificates of Origin and Movement Certificates. We do NOT share this information with anyone other than your designated and authorised Chamber of Commerce for certificate processing. We only pass statistical information to BCC, on a quarterly basis, as aggregated general statistics on the number of certificates and destination countries for BCC’s own statistical reporting. BCC do NOT receive your or your clients’ personal details.
If you do NOT belong to a Chamber of Commerce, nor do any Certificates on our sites, then the BCC or any Chamber of Commerce will NOT receive any of your data from our sites.
HM Revenue and Customs
We are registered with HM Revenue and Customs (“HMRC”) and, with your consent (asked every time) within the EdgeSaleFlow site, we declare your and your export consignment details to HMRC, which is a lawful requirement. Your details are NOT sent by default (you need to explicitly trigger this action every time) and you are in NO obligation to use this site or processing.
Fake emails using Morgan Goodwin’s name
We are aware of fake emails, popularly called “phishing” emails, which can contain notices such as subscription issues, renewals and refund notifications. These emails use Morgan Goodwin’s name to pretend they are genuine and exist solely for the purpose of obtaining private information about you (such as credit card numbers or passwords). These emails have no connection with Morgan Goodwin, and Morgan Goodwin does not use these methods for communicating with you.
We advise that if you receive an email using Morgan Goodwin’s name that asks for personal information or financial information and you have concerns about its authenticity, then please treat such emails with extreme caution.
Accuracy of Your Information
We endeavour to collect, update and retain your personal information correctly. However, if your personal information changes (such as post code, email address, etc.), or if we have inaccurate information, we will endeavour to correct, update or remove your personal information from our database.
To notify us of a change or inaccuracy, you can advise us by emailing us on
If you would like to access the personal information that Morgan Goodwin holds about you, please write to us at Morgan Goodwin, LBP Offices, 6th Floor, 7 Buchanan Street, Glasgow, G1 3HL for the attention of the Company Solicitor or by email at email@example.com. Morgan Goodwin will respond to your request within 30 calendar days with the information we hold on you. Morgan Goodwin reserve the right to request for charges to be paid, to cover administration charges, for any subsequent requests beyond the initial request
Explicate Opt-In and Opt-Out Options
Our sites will explicitly ask you to opt into any action(s) requiring the collection and processing of your individual data. These opt-in actions are clearly marked and require your consent to progress. The opt-in actions remain in place and are clearly marked to allow you to opt-out at any time.
Having explicitly opted to receive marketing emails from us, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our marketing emails
Links to third party sites
Your Right to Complain to ICO
You have the right to complain to the ICO if you think there is a problem with the way we are handling your data or responding to your access request(s); if you have any queries regarding our privacy practices or information used by our sites, please do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notification of changes